We have all seen those overwhelming, mile long lists of what you need to take to the hospital when you give birth. When Alex and I packed for our first hospital stay we had a duffel bag and a suitcase.
We barely opened the bags.
The hospital supplied diapers, wipes, pads, mesh underwear, formula, blankets, breast pump and onesies. Pretty much anything we really needed was supplied for us. But there are definitely still things you will need to bring.
Be sure to check with your delivery hospital to see what they supply before you give birth!
- Birth Plan if you have one
- If you plan on having photos taken at the hospital, bring the outfits you want baby to wear.
- Socks/Slippers – hospitals can get really cold, this is something I definitely used a lot.
- Make-up – This is something I chose to bring for photos, but if you aren’t makeup girl, leave it out
- Lotion – all of that hand washing will really dry out your skin!
- Toiletries- toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, hairbrush, hair ties etc.
- If one flat pillow isn’t your idea of comfy, definitely bring extra pillow for you and your partner to be more comfortable.
- Chargers for your electronics
- Snacks and Drinks for you, your visitors and the nurses.
- Going Home Outfit for Mom and Baby, I took a loose t-shirt and yoga pants for me and a zip up sleeper for baby. It was simple and comfortable.
If you plan on Breastfeeding
- Nursing Bra
- Breast Pads
- Lanolin cream
We also chose to put together a gift basket for the nurses that helped during our stay. There are a ton of great ideas for this on Pinterest
I chose to make a large gift basket of energy drinks, protein bars, candies, chips, water, cookies and gum for all of the nurses.
I hope this helps you with packing and let me know what you needed in the comments! Is there anything missing that you think is a must have?