When your baby is teething it can throw your entire life off track. They may wake up throughout the night, no longer be in the same happy moods that you have grown used to and it can be a tough adjustment for everyone. Unfortunately there is no one size fits all solution, however there are plenty of different methods to try and you are sure to find one that works! To make it a bit easier for you I have compiled a list of methods that I tried and used when my boys were teething.
This post may contain affiliate links As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- Itzy Ritzy Silicone Teether: These are great for on the go they are textured to help soothe babies gums and I love the cute designs!
5. Try a cold or frozen fruit/vegetable my kids favorites were Mango, Carrot, Cucumber and Strawberry. The strawberry I would usually give cold and cut up into small pieces to eat, but frozen and harder foods I put in a mesh feeder.
6. Similar to #5, Make puree pops or milk pops! Simply add your choice of ingredients to the form, freeze and serve.
7. Amber Teething necklace: I never tried this with the boys but a couple of mom friends have raved about how great they are. They are 100% natural and are said to help reduce drooling and inflammation!
8. Teething cloth: These are great! Many come with crinkle textures or rattles attached so they double as a toy to distract baby while they chew on the soft material. This is definitely a favorite as it’s easy to clean and most can be thrown into the washer for cleaning!
9. Cooling Teether, I used these exact teethers for both of my boys and they loved them. They are filled with water so you never have to worry if they happen to bust, and they are simple to clean just wash them with soap and water.
10. Teething cookies, there are many types that you can buy ready made or you can make your own! *Bonus recipe below*
Apple Banana Oat Teething Biscuits
- 3/4 Cup of Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 Medium Banana, mashed
- 2 Cups oat flour ( You can make this by placing oats in blender until they reach flour consistency)
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil (Can substitute Olive oil or Butter)
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Farenheit
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing, be sure to add flour slowly.
- Once mixed place dough on counter or board
- Knead dough until smooth
- Roll dough out to approximately 1/2 inch thickness
- Cut biscuits to desired size
- Place on cookie sheet
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, biscuits should stay soft on the inside
- Cool and Serve
What is your favorite teething remedy?