Just when you are about to take your toddler outside to burn off some energy, it starts raining. This past summer this was all to often a reality in my house. So we made the best of it, here are some ideas for your next rainy day!
1. Coloring – but not just normal coloring pages – get a cardboard box! My kids loved this, it was different and kept them busy for near an hour.
2. Dance Party – Crank up your kids favorite songs and burn off some energy!
3. Grab some blankets and sheets to build a fort!
4. Gather a few of your Childs favorite books and let them read the story to you – this is one of my favorites, the story is often changing in their imaginations!
5. Painting! (I recommend putting down a trash bag first- my grout still has blue stains)
6. Have a party! Blow up some balloons and let them loose
7. Bake some treats! My go to treat to let the kids help with is pre-cut sugar cookies!
8. Let them “help” you clean! My boys love to help mop, sweep and vacuum, and I love that they want to. For now at least
9. Play-doh! Simple and effective
10. Play dress up! Let them check out your closet for props!
11. Pillow fight!
12. Have a puppet show!
13. Gather their favorite stuffed friends and watch a movie
14. Make Macaroni or popcorn jewelry
15. Play with Refrigerator Magnets
If all else fails just take them to play in the rain!
I hope these help keep your toddler happy and occupied next time you’re stuck inside!